So I saw a fabulous post on Weddingbee that I felt like I must share with you. If you are planning your upcoming nuptials, you may be wrestling with many of the below right now:
1. I feel guilty that my parents are paying for the majority of our wedding and are just so freaking nice about it. Never once have they made me feel guilty about it…and so, I feel guilty about it.
2. I feel guilty that I let myself get stressed about wedding-related minutia. 99% of my concerns are petty, first-world problems.
3. I feel guilty that bridesmaids are supposed to pay for dresses, presents for shower / wedding, bachelorette stuff, etc. I should pay THEM- a lot- for keeping me sane(ish) since my pre-teens.
4. I feel guilty that my fiance is like, seriously, the sweetest man on the planet, and I am just a biotch sometimes.
5. I feel guilty that we decided to have the wedding in (X)-city because it’s more convenient for us.
6. I feel guilty interviewing multiple vendors and having to reject all but one.
7. I feel guilty about getting legally married, period, because it’s not fair that we can and others can’t.
8. I feel guilty that my wedding dress was expensive, yet I’m still considering a reception dress.
9. I feel guilty that I’m only inviting family and close friends.
10. I feel guilty that the parking around our church is not great.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
How cute is the Heart Hole Punch. Perfect for planning ahead for Valentine's Day. Plus, you'll end up with heart shaped confetti when you are done that you can sprinkle around the copier. Snag one to adorn your desk here.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
I wish this app had been available when I got married. We had an iTunes wedding. Yes, there are lots of nay-sayers out there, but it CAN be done. I think the biggest objectives are that you don't have someone to make announcements and if things run long or if events need to change you are all messed up. Well, don't let them scare you, you can be a DIY DJ and this app can help perfectly.
The My Wedding DJ App can be downloaded onto your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. There are 2 modes to it: Music Plan and Player. Add, edit, and arrange music for your special day using the template categories or create your own. I have a feeling this app could be used for a lot more than weddings as well.
Monday, December 27, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
It's December 20, that means that I have taken off my "Christmas Card Season" hat and I'm putting on my "Wedding Season" hat. While we are busy with wedding orders year round, the concentration of them come in between December thru June. So much so, that we have to plan vacations, events & pregnancies around wedding season to be able to focus all of our energy to production. But, all we can say is that
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO!